Tuesday, April 26, 2022

3.5 Mourning a Future Self

Friends, in case you don't see this in the comments on the previous post: 

If this chapter touched you or if your heart aches or resonates at the thought of simultaneous joy and longing, I hope you'll check out this podcast hosted by the author, Kate Bowler. 

Below is the info from Kate's website about the episode ... 


SURVIVAL OF THE KINDEST

How is it that joy and pain seem to coexist at once? Susan Cain (author of the bestseller Quiet) explores this question in her new book, BittersweetIn this conversation, Kate and Susan discuss:

  • How we are literally hardwired for compassion 
  • Susan’s advice for pushing back against compassion fatigue
  • How that feeling of longing isn’t something to be ashamed of but allows us to see things clearly—the beautiful and the terrible

If you ever feel like you didn’t have a word for the sweetness of longings (and why your compassionate heart is a gift), this conversation is for you.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The prayer on P 32 beautiful reminding us He is always there and listens when we wonder when we are faithless and love harbor in a storm. He is everything in my life. I just needed a reminder how much he loves me. I’m tracing my Grandson Jesus loves me and I heard in say out of the blue he is strong. Makes my heart happy.

Allison Bauer said...

That is lovely!